Who succeeds at THSI?
Intellectual and adventurous teachers who love working with students are welcomed and supported with extensive opportunities for leadership and professional development. Teachers with previous international experience, or with advanced degrees, will find a warm and welcoming community here. We truly value the hard work, professionalism, and passion of our faculty.
THSI provides a unique opportunity for passionate, culturally curious educators to grow both professionally and personally.
Boasting over 55 UNESCO World Heritage sites, China provides seemingly limitless opportunities for curious travelers. With easy and affordable access to air and rail and generous holiday breaks, our staff enjoys fantastic opportunities for adventure.
Tsinghua University High School International is highly regarded and acceptance to our school is competitive. Students admitted to our school are the best and the brightest, with high potential and passion to succeed. Our students are diligent, polite, respectful and hard-working. While they are still children, most teachers find their diligence refreshing.
· Minimum of two years successful teaching experience.
· Native English Speakers/Chinese bilingual speakers should have excellent written, listening, reading, and speaking skills in English.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in the appropriate secondary content area or elementary/early childhood education for primary school teachers.
· Current teaching certification from an accredited teacher education program in the appropriate secondary content area or elementary education (primary school teachers), or a degree highly relevant to teaching subject (Art, Music, TOEFL, etc.).
· Background check/criminal history clearance
· Two ORIGINAL letters of recommendation and referee contact information
· Foreign teachers who taught in China during the 2020-2021 school year must be able to obtain a Release of Employment form and a Recommendation form from the current employer.
· Strong understanding of American education including the use of instructions for English as the second language learners and inquiry-based instruction.
· Genuine interests in China, flexibility, cultural awareness, and collaborative skills.